Federal regulations require all institutions to provide specified information to prospective and current students, staff, and the general public. Listed below are those items that must be available for review per federal regulations.
The federal Higher Education Act, the federal Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA), and regulatory guidance provided in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) require direct individual notices of prescribed information to certain target audiences including prospective students, currently enrolled students, current employees, parents, coaches and counselors of prospective student-athletes, and the general public. Disclosures are to include crime/security statistics, student completion/graduation rates, FERPA privacy/security rights, financial aid program information, and gender-specific information on athletic participation and financial support. Should you require further information, please contact the Office of Planning, Analysis and Accountability at 301-860-3599.
- BSU Mission Statement and Strategic Plan (pdf)
- Bowie State University Undergraduate Catalog
- Bowie State University Graduate Catalog
- Academic Calendar
- UNG Nursing Program Accreditation Status
- MSN FNP Nursing Pass Rates
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Integrated Post-Secondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Privacy of Student Records (FERPA)
- Student Profile (pdf)
- Retention, Graduation and Transfer-Out Rates (pdf)
- Student-Athlete Graduation and Retention
- Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (pdf)
- Student Postgraduate Plans (pdf)
- Academic Programs
- Student Disability Support Services
- Transfer of Credit Policy
- Withdrawal and Refund Policies
- Textbook Cost Information
- Maryland Voter Registration
- Veteran's Information
- Copyright Infringement Policy
Health and Well-Being
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program
- Drug Violation
- Vaccination Policy
- Covid-19 Vaccine Requirements
- Mental Health & Wellness
Financial Aid and Loan
- Net Price Calculator (Estimate true cost of attendance)
- Cost of Attendance
- Financial Assistance Available from Federal, State, Local, and Institutional Programs
- Contact Financial Aid Office
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Loan Repayment
- Default Rates (College Navigator)
- Financial Aid Refund Policies
- Institutional Disclosures to Borrowers (Private Loans)
- Institutional Code of Conduct for Educational Loans ("Student Lending Code of Conduct")
- Campus Safety Report: Includes information on annual and current crime statistics ; emergency response/evacuation procedures; fire safety; and missing student notification policy
- Contact Public Safety
- Sexual Assault Resources
Bowie State University submits data annually to the National Center for Education Statistics via the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). This includes, but is not limited to areas such as: Institutional Mission, Student Profile Data, Online Student Support Services, Cost of Attendance, Student Body Data, Financial Data, etc.
Further, Bowie State University submits annual reports to the Department of Education in the area of Foreign Donations.
The Office of Financial Aid receives reports in June and December of each year from the Office of Institutional Advancement, which gives the details of any foreign gifts received in excess of $250,000 in the fiscal year. The Office of Financial Aid then submits all required information regarding these gifts to the U.S. Department of Education by submitting a revised on-line Federal Program Participation Agreement, and mailing the supporting materials to the Department. As a result of this submission, Bowie State receives a revised Eligibility and Certification Approval Report.
"Child Care Access Means Parents in Schools" is a federal program to support the participation of low-income parents in post-secondary education by providing child care services on campus. For an explanation of the program, please see the Department of Education's website. Bowie State University does not receive funds through this program.
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF)